Flagstaff Car Accident Lawyers
Injured in an Auto Accident in Prescott or Sedona? Call Evans Garrey
Unfortunately, car accidents are all too common occurrences. Every day, thousands of individuals are involved in automobile accidents on our nation’s highways, freeways, and roads. Often, these collisions lead to extensive injury and even death.
There are many factors that may lead to a car accident, including careless or reckless behavior. Negligence can take the form of distracted driving, alcohol-related collisions, careless commercial vehicle drivers, and even defective automobile parts, such as tires, seatbelts, or airbags.
If you or a loved one were injured in an automobile accident that occurred because of another person or entity’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to suffer the painful, often life-changing consequences on your own. The Flagstaff car accident attorneys at Evans Garrey can assess the details of your case in order to determine fault and pursue the justice you deserve.
When To Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
As a general guideline, it’s best to contact an experienced lawyer after a car accident as soon as possible. There are a couple reasons for this, the first being the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is a law which is implemented on a state by state basis which determines a specific timeline when personal injury cases can be filed.
According to the Arizona Revised Statutes section 12-542 the state of Arizona has a two-year timeline. This means you have two years to file your claim and if you try to file a claim outside of this two-year period, you will most likely be unable to do so. There are some exceptions to this law where the filing time may change, including:
- If the injury victim is a minor at the time of the accident
- The negligent party left the state before a claim could be filed
Beyond the statute of limitations, which applies to all personal injury claims, car accident injuries are different than other injuries covered by personal injury law in that they are most usually soft tissue injuries. Soft tissue injuries are injuries that affect the tendons, ligaments and muscles, such as whiplash. Like whiplash, these types of injuries typically progressively get worse over a few days or even weeks after the injury occurred.
Because of this, many injury victims sign a compensation agreement with an insurance company before talking to a lawyer only to discover later that their injuries are worse than they initially believed but are not able to recover any additional compensation to cover their additional costs. If you have suffered injuries at the hands of a negligent driver, talk to our Flagstaff car accident attorney for help today!
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
At Evans Garrey, we’ve helped numerous clients navigate the legal process after a car accident left them facing severe injuries or the death of a loved one.
Collectively, our team of legal professionals has decades of experience pursuing personal injury claims involving auto accidents. No matter how complex your situation, we’re prepared to aggressively advocate for your rights.
We handle all types of car accident injury claims, including those involving:
- Alcohol and drug-related collisions
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrians and bicyclists
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Distracted driving
- Hit and run collisions
- Motorcycle collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Reckless driving
- Rideshare accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured drivers
- Wrongful death
We rely on our extensive resources, relationships with local investigators, and in-depth knowledge of the legal system in order to build a strong case on your behalf. Our firm can assist you with everything from interviewing witnesses to uncovering evidence to reconstructing exactly what happened in your unique situation.
We maintain connections with some of the most skilled experts in the fields of investigation, law enforcement, and engineering in order to gain a complete understanding of who may be held liable for your car accident incident.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Involvement in a car wreck, even one that is relatively minor like a fender bender, can be traumatic. The shock of a crash alone can lead to a rise in adrenaline and other chemicals in the body that can lead to rash decision making.
However, it is important to take proactive steps to document the aftermath of a crash as soon as possible, as this can be tremendously helpful evidence when pursuing a negligence case.
The steps you should remember to take in the immediate aftermath of a car accident include:
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or another person involved in the crash has been seriously injured. By far the most important thing post-crash is to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Call the police to the incident site and file an accident report. It is important to have law enforcement visit and document the scene for reference later on.
- Write down the contact and insurance information of any drivers involved in the crash. You should always at least exchange full names, phone numbers, and insurance information. Ask witnesses for their contact information as well if applicable.
- Take as many pictures of the crash site as possible. Focus your camera on anything that could have contributed to the crash, including weather conditions, road work, traffic signage, and more.
- Contact your insurance company and open a claim. However, do not accept a settlement offer or sign anything until you have consulted with an attorney.
- Schedule a free consultation with a Flagstaff auto accident lawyer to determine whether you need to take legal action.
- Get a medical examination if you haven’t already. Even if you have no obvious injuries, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible after a car crash. Why? It is possible you have suffered an injury that will not display symptoms until days or weeks after the initial incident. Additionally, official medical records will greatly bolster your case.
Put 50 Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
Schedule a free consultation with one of our seasoned auto accident attorneys in Flagstaff today to learn more about how we can assist you in minimizing the uncertainty associated with the claims process and get you on the track to a brighter future. We know how to help you obtain the maximum compensation allowable under Arizona state law in the wake of a tragic car accident.
Winning the Right Way
We've been on both sides of this fight, and we know how to win for you - with excellence, not aggression.
We'll be by your side at every step, providing regular updates so you're never in the dark.
Serving all of Arizona
Our experienced team serves all of Arizona with offices in both Phoenix and Flagstaff.
We're A Safe Place
We understand that in this difficult time, injuries can be hard to discuss; we are here to help.
We care deeply about each client and will treat you with the respect you deserve.