Flagstaff Product Liability Lawyers
We Will Fight for You If You Were Hurt by a Defective Product in Sedona, Prescott & Phoenix
When a consumer purchases a product or service, they do so under the assumption that the offering is safe and straightforward to use. Unfortunately, products can cause injury or even death to consumers if they aren’t tested, manufactured, or marketed properly.
If this negligence causes injury or death, you may be able to bring a product liability claim for damages against the party responsible for the dangerous defect. Evans Garrey is a boutique injury law firm based in Flagstaff that is dedicated to helping injured clients recover the compensation they deserve after an accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed due to a defective product, product liability attorneys Erin Evans and Reid Garrey will help you build a strong case and fight for your right to fair and just compensation.
How Do Product Liability Claims Work?
In order to successfully pursue compensation, you must prove that you (or the injured party if you are filing on behalf of someone else) were using the product in the manner that it was advertised and yet were still injured. Please note that if the injury was your fault for not using the product correctly (or if you cannot show otherwise), you cannot bring a claim.
The burden of proof is on you to showcase that the accident was the fault of a third party and that the injured party suffered compensable damages as a result. Working with an experienced product liability attorney in your area is often the best way to ensure that you are able to present your case in the most convincing way.
What Are the Three Most Common Types of Product Defects?
There are essentially three categories of product defects most claims fall into:
- Defective design: The initial design of a product makes it unreasonably unsafe for consumer use,
- Defective manufacturing: A flaw or defect is introduced to the product during manufacturing, and
- Defective marketing: The product is marketed with proper warning labels/safety instructions.
The type of defect will determine who is liable—if a product has a design flaw, the person or company responsible for designing and/or testing the product can be held responsible; if the product became contaminated during production, the manufacturer may be liable, for instance.
Examples of Defective Products that Can Cause Injury
There are limitless examples of defective products, but some of the most common include:
- Automobile safety features, such as airbags and seatbelts
- Car, truck, and other motor vehicle parts, like brakes and tires
- Children’s toys, particularly toys containing hazardous parts/materials
- Electronics, including cellphones, tablets, computers, and chargers
- Safety equipment, such as helmets, goggles, gloves, etc.
- Heavy machinery, tools, and other similar equipment
- Household items and appliances, ranging from water heaters to hairdryers
- Motor vehicles in general, especially including SUVs, ATVs, golf carts, and more
- Pharmaceutical medications and medical devices
- Elevators, escalators, and moving sidewalks
These and other defective products can reach consumers when companies put profits ahead of safety, bypassing adequate testing and proper manufacturing in favor of increasing production and sales. The impact on individuals can be devastating.
What Compensation is Available in a Product Liability Claim?
If you have been injured due to a defective product or service, you may be able to obtain compensation for:
- All your accident-related medical expenses, past and future
- Lost wages or loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering (this covers emotional trauma and other non-economic damages)
- Other out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Hold on to all bills, receipts, correspondence, and other documentation related to your accident and the aftermath in order to secure your best chance at recovering all your accident-related expenses.
Learn More About Your Legal Rights & Options Today!
At Evans Garrey, a member of our team is always prepared to hear your case and provide personalized advice tailored to your unique situation and needs. Founding attorneys Erin Evans and Reid Garrey possess the experience and determination necessary to help you secure fair compensation and get the medical care you need.
Winning the Right Way
We've been on both sides of this fight, and we know how to win for you - with excellence, not aggression.
We'll be by your side at every step, providing regular updates so you're never in the dark.
Serving all of Arizona
Our experienced team serves all of Arizona with offices in both Phoenix and Flagstaff.
We're A Safe Place
We understand that in this difficult time, injuries can be hard to discuss; we are here to help.
We care deeply about each client and will treat you with the respect you deserve.