Flagstaff Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Compassionate & Effective Representation Throughout Northern Arizona
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider breaches the standard of care when providing treatment to a patient. If you feel have been mistreated or misdiagnosed by your physician, you should contact a Flagstaff medical malpractice attorney from Evans Garrey. Our team has years of experience fighting for our clients, and we have won hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation on their behalf. We are ready to provide you with the compassionate and effective representation you and your loved ones deserve.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
All medical practitioners and facilities must legally uphold a certain “standard of care” when treating patients. This “standard of care” refers to the accepted procedures and practices that all healthcare practitioners in both Arizona and nationwide should follow when treating a patient suffering from a disease or ailment. In order to establish liability for medical malpractice, the breach of the standard of care must have directly caused injury to a patient.
A person injured by medical malpractice may be eligible for compensatory and punitive damages in limited cases. If you feel you were a victim of medical malpractice in Arizona, you should contact a professional Flagstaff medical malpractice attorney immediately.
Medical malpractice can occur through two broad areas of conduct:
- Carelessness or mistakes made during the course of a procedure or treatment resulting in injury: An example would be if a surgeon performs a procedure for a hernia and unknowingly cuts the patient's intestines, causing the abdominal cavity to be infected due to contamination.
- A provider fails to diagnose a condition that results in an injury: An example could be a provider who fails to diagnose the fact a patient has cancer by not following the standard for care of diagnosis.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Common types of medical errors that can lead to a claim include:
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries caused by negligence
- Failure to receive informed consent
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose an ailment
- Operating on the wrong patient or body part
- Wrongful death
- Surgical errors, such as leaving a medical tool inside a patient’s body
- Prescribing or administering the wrong medication or dosage
Call Now for Your Free Case Evaluation
Medical malpractice claims are among the most devastating and complex of personal injury claims. Being injured at the hands of a professional who you trusted to care for you can be painful and traumatic. Additionally, medical facilities and practitioners dedicate a vast number of resources to protecting their reputation. You need a dedicated and experienced attorney on your side to ensure you receive the fair and just compensation you and your loved ones deserve.
Winning the Right Way
We've been on both sides of this fight, and we know how to win for you - with excellence, not aggression.
We'll be by your side at every step, providing regular updates so you're never in the dark.
Serving all of Arizona
Our experienced team serves all of Arizona with offices in both Phoenix and Flagstaff.
We're A Safe Place
We understand that in this difficult time, injuries can be hard to discuss; we are here to help.
We care deeply about each client and will treat you with the respect you deserve.